AVIC z1 Installation Toyota Celica GTS

Here are the installation instructions of the AVIC z1 on a Toyota Celica 2001 gts.Before going into that I have to tell I love my AVIC Z1 double din navigation system with cd/mp3/dvd player with a rear view camera and bluetooth adapter.

I am not a electronic or mechanical geek by any means,but still I want it to be done.So I did some decent amount of home work before I started working on it.I had to thank newcelica.org for all the instructions on how to take things apart and Toyota for all the plastic clips that are used for fastening the interior to the car.Last but not the last I have to really thank Poineer team for compiling such a simple installation manual.It is here

I started with installing the rear view camera,I installed the camera in the key hole of my celica.Took the plastic thing below the hatch and then removed the three bolts to take the plastic thing above the license plate that hold the keyhole.Passed the wire to the through the holes in the hatch to the roof and then connected the voilet/white(rear input signal) to the reverse light bulb postive wire in the trunk by removing the plastic cover that hides the tail lights in the trunk.This wire is also passed to the roof through inside plastic cover next to the rear seat.

After that I decide to install the GPS Antenna on the top of the car near the point where the roof and hatch meets, I would have hidden it somewhere but the installation manual says that it is better to install the antenna on a flat surface and is outside the car.I passed the gps antenna to the roof with the rear view camera wire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duplicate Folders Freeware - Not Duplicate Files

SSRS Compile Errors

Free SQL Server Management Studio Addin/Plugin/External Tool to get object information quickly