svnadmin dump - never finishes

Ok, here I am trying to separate a repository into two following svn documentation.I got to create a dump file then use svndumpfilter to create separate dump files for the projects I want and create repo's using those individual files.

With this in mind I started to work on it.Our repo is about 5 gigs in size.Command prompt in which I started the command says not responding after a while and never finishes dumping.I thougt it needed more time so let it go for the entire night with no success.After all these hours I
found out that dump is written to the console window.Changing that to output to file fixed the problem

Wrong
svadmin dump e:\repo e\repodump

Correct(if you want the dump file)
svadmin dump e:\repo >e\repodump

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duplicate Folders Freeware - Not Duplicate Files

SSRS Compile Errors

Free SQL Server Management Studio Addin/Plugin/External Tool to get object information quickly