Sunday, January 27, 2013

Duplicate Folders Freeware - Not Duplicate Files


Update: 1/27/2013

I have got a very good response and feedback for the tool, I am working on the new version of it and soon will be releasing it out. Mean while here is how 1.3 looks.






Published On 8/10/2010


Locate duplicate folders with this tool.

V Folder Dups is a small, simple, easy to use application, specially designed to help you located the duplicate folders on your computer and keep your disk duplicate free.

Using this tool is as easy as can be: you just have to select the folder to scan, and you're good to go. So, if you were looking for a program to help you locate duplicate folders with just a click, then take V Folder Dups for a spin and see if its capabilities are enough to satisfy your needs.

It uses folder contents to determine duplicates instead of folder names.

Here is the link to download it.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/V-Folder-Dups.shtml


V1.2
V 1.0


Keywords :
Freeware free software computer desktop laptop dups dupe dup folders duplicate same files same folders size attributes hidden system tool finder search find locate program opensource source cheap reliable stable not files vakati prashanth windows xp .net windows vista windows 7 pro home professional clean disk space usage low remove duplicate files and folders,easily easy to find duplicate folder, tool to identify/manage duplicates at the directory level, a small Windows utility to find duplicate files and folders, and helps delete them pictures images music videos word pdf excel office documents, Duplicate files/folders detecting software, hard drives,duplicate search tool,System and disk software,file management, file utilities,Duplicate File Finder, Duplicate Image Finder,Folder sizes,Free, Fast and easy tool for removing duplicate folders

15 comments:

  1. It would have been great if the results are sorted by Parent Folder or path and Folder size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you finish new version? I would like to test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! is there a chance i could see the source code for this? pls msg me chunetprime@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень нужен поиск похожих папок (поиск папок сезонов сериалов)- возможно ли это?
    Very necessary to search for similar folders (search folder seasons series) - is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  6. In this condition I used DuplicateFilesDeleter effectively. This software will let you get a huge amount of space for your use by deleting the files that were at multiple locations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tool (v1.2.1) has helped me free up lots of space so far, and I have more to go.
    Please please when is the new version (v1.3) coming out?
    Will there be a feature to export the list in any way? I have found several groups of duplicates, like 384. From a text file I could select (grep) obvious ones to process automatically. For example in my list yesterday I could automate the deletion of any with "New Folder" in the middle of the path.
    I am a programmer and would love to get the source to modify myself but that is generally too much to hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is the closest tool to what I'm looking for! But it'd be 100% more useful to me if I could export the results so I can sort by path. As it is currently, I can't use it yet...but keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually - disregard my previous comment. Since our project folders always start with the same format (i.e. 14-123) it's pretty easy to identify the duplicates I'm looking for...at least in on scenario. Cheers & thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would suggest to try DuplicateFilesDeleter it will help resolve your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello
    You can send me the 1.3.0 version of your system? I found it very simple and would like to use, grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Looks like a wonderful software, but not able to find v1.3 anywhere. can you plz provide me download link of v1.3 or 1.4 version.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used you version 1.2.1 to improve it. Maybe we can share code. Give me you email or contact me at geral@hugocabral.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would you send me a copy version 1.3 please , you can reach me a jlarque71@gmail.com

    thank yo u

    ReplyDelete

IIS Manager Crashes on Load/Start Windows 7, IIS 7.5

IIS Manager Crashes on Start  Windows 7, IIS 7.5, Power Shell 5.1. Here is the error I got in the event viewer. IISMANAGER_CRASH IIS Ma...